What Do We Do ?
Working in partnership with the whole school, and particularly the Headteacher, to ensure the success of the school and raise standards, we:-
• set strategic direction, objectives, targets and policies;
• help monitor and evaluate school performance, policies, plans and targets;
• ratify and assist with school budget;
• provide the Head Teacher with challenge and full support;
• ensure that the school is accountable to the children and parents it serves, the local community, those who fund and maintain it as well as the staff the school employs.
The Governors meet as a body every term. We can also choose to be on a sub-Committee, including finance, safe guarding, and curriculum. These sub-Committees also meet each term.
Governors can help with issues that affect the whole school, such as policies and targets. If you have any questions about one of the school’s policies, or feel that some changes are needed, you are welcome to raise this with a Governor. All communications and correspondence are treated with confidentiality and a response will be given to any issues raised. And we are willing to hear your ideas as a school!
If you have a specific concern or complaint we would encourage you to speak to a teacher, or to Mr Tromans, our Headteacher.
To find our more about how you could be involved with the Governors or more information about what they do, please contact Zoe Brady (Chair of Governors) or Jackie Zammit (Vice Chair of Governors) through the school office.
For any enquires please email: firstname.lastname@example.org